I am excited to be offering weekly summer drop in classes, Thursdays, at The Abbey Studio in Cumberland, 6:00 to 7:15pm. I look forward being your guide as we explore hoop skills and movement inspired by the elements. These classes will be suitable for all levels as we focus on skill development, layering challenges as needed. Tricks will be combined into sequences and circuits to help you integrate them seamlessly into your flow. There will be no class July 20: The Abbey is hosting a special event. Hoop classes will be $5 to $10 (suggested donation).
JULY 13: AIR
- Waist-hooping/core hooping to off-body hooping skills and transitions
- Floaty hoop isolations and tosses
- Introduction to chest hooping
JULY 27: FIRE
- “Wow Factor” tricks–even ones that look hard but are quite easy!
- Hooping on different body parts
- Escalators and wedgies
- More chest hooping practice!
- Dance integration
AUGUST 3: WATER
- Creative transitions between moves that facilitate flow
- Hand hooping: weaves and flowers
- Body rolls (chest rolls, back rolls)
- (Oh yeah, more chest hooping practice)
AUGUST 10: EARTH
- On body hooping: chest hooping arms in/arms out
- Getting the hoop going up and down the body
- Vertical core hooping
- Breaks and reversals
August 18 to 20: Atmosphere Gathering in Cumberland BC!!!
Please come by my workshop on Sunday, 12 to 1pm at the Forest Stage!